International Experience Canada WITHOUT IELTS


International Experience Canada (IEC) is a program that lets young people travel, live, and work in Canada temporarily.

People from more than 30 eligible countries can apply for a Canadian work permit without having a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

Also, this work permit is valid for either 12 or 24 months depending on the applicant’s country of citizenship.

Additionally, your selection for the program depends on the quota for each program and country.

There are three separate programs under the IEC. Furthermore, each program has its own requirements—

Working Holiday—This visa is perfect for applicants who want the freedom to work for any employer in Canada. Moreover, applicants under this program receive an open work permit. This means that you can change your employer and location while living in Canada.

Young Professionals—Applicants under this program can get Canadian work experience by working with a Canadian employer. Applicants need to have a valid Canadian job offer to apply. However, this program issues an employer-specific work permit, which means you have to work for the same employer in the same location.

International Co-op— This program lets international students complete an internship or work placement in Canada. However, this is only valid in cases where it is a requirement for their post-secondary education. Under this program, applicants receive an employer-specific work permit, which means that they have to work for the same employer at the same location during their entire period of stay in Canada.

Who is eligible?

To be eligible to apply for an IEC-

  • Your country of citizenship should have an agreement with Canada.
  • You may be able to use a recognized organization
  • Your maximum age must be 35 years old

Full List of Countries Eligible For IEC 2023

Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark (Danish citizens who reside in Greenland and the Faroe Islands are also eligible)
Hong Kong
New Zealand
San Marino
South Korea
United Kingdom

How to Apply?

Listed below is a step-by-step procedure to apply-

Create an IEC profile—If you have verified that your country participates in IEC, you need to select your preferred program. After this, you need an account on the IEC website. If you are eligible, you are automatically entered into the IEC pool of candidates.

Invitation to Apply (ITA) —IEC conducts random draws regularly. If you are selected in a draw, you will receive an ITA. Each country and program has its own quota, so verify it to have a better understanding of your probability of receiving an ITA.

Accept the ITA— Once you receive an ITA, you have 10 days to accept it. After this, you have 20 days to submit an online application for a work permit.

Submit Work Permit Application—Once you have accepted the ITA, you need to submit an application within 20 days, using the IRCC web portal. Review all documents in advance so that you do not miss the deadline.

Work Permit— Once your application is successful, you will receive a work permit. It will specify the period during which you can work in Canada.



Thank you for reading!


To more about Immigration, Work-Permit & Study Abroad, kindly contact us at the given numbers or submit your details in the form below to help us reach out and help you with your queries.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *